Choose an existing business which operates in the UK. You are required to assess the role of information technology (IT) in aiding your chosen organisation to gain a competitive advantage.
Your report should:
• Introduce your chosen organisation
• Identify its current business strategy
• Briefly discuss the products and services of your chosen business (600 words)
• Analyse the political, technological, legal and economic environment of your chosen business (800 words)
• Analyse the three primary activities in Porter’s Value Chain (Inbound Logistics, Operations, Outbound Logistics) and any 3 of the 4 supporting activities (800 words)
• Following the understanding you gained from the analyses above, reflect on how the business could deploy IT (information technology) and use innovative ideas to improve its business processes.
Number of words