PART B: ASSIGNMENT
Select an administration system that might be implemented by an organisation and complete the activities below.
The systems should relate to:
- Personnel management (e.g. A system that calculates and manages employees ‘annual leave),
- Financial management (e.g. A system that tracks and follows-up outstanding payments), or
- Data collection (e.g. A system that can be used to collect customers’ feedback), or
- Data analysis (e.g. A system that can be used to analyse sales trends), or
- Information sharing (e.g. A system that can be used to ensure that any changes to organisational procedures are communicated to all an organisation’s departments/ staff), or
- Record-keeping (e.g. A system that stores customers’ information and buying history)
- Write a Request for Quotation for the development and supply of that system. Include:
- Details of your organisation (e.g. Who you are and what you do)
- A description of the system required
- Detailed information about the system requirements
- The timeline for system implementation
- How their quotation should be submitted
- How their quotation should be formatted
- A request for details about post-purchase costs, such as technical support, maintenance, and the ongoing costs of operation
- The date by which their quotation should be received
- Who to contact if they need more information
- Create an action plan, to do list, checklist, flow chart or Gantt chart for the
implementation of the administration system.
- Identify 2 problems that might be encountered when implementing the system and explain how these problems can be prevented and dealt with (e.g. contingency plans).
- Identify a core process for your selected system, and explain why it is necessary (why change?), and what it aims to achieve.
- For the process you have identified, write a procedure that outlines how achieve the desired outcomes. Include details about:
- what to do
- what not to do
- how to do it
- when it should be done
- who should do it
- what resources are available
- what the expected results are
- List any concerns you (or others) may experience relating to this change.
- Explain how you (or your organisation) could better prepare, train and support staff throughout the changes?
- Research and explain what security precautions your organisation should take with the new system. Make recommendations as to how the security can be improved.
- Find out what privacy laws your state or territory is governed by, name them, and summarise how they relate to your identified system.
- Design a survey that could be used to identify the training needs of employees in relation to administration systems.