Inferential Research and Statistics Project
Analyze the data from Part 1 using Microsoft® Excel® software.
Write a 700- to 875-word paper that includes the following information:
- Describe what method you are using to compare groups.
- Copy and paste the output into a Microsoft® Word document, and also answer the following questions:
- What is the significance level of the comparison?
- What was the alpha level you identified in Week 3?
- What was the means and variance for each variable?
- What was the test statistic?
- What was the critical value for both the one- and two-tailed test?
- Was your test one-tailed or two-tailed?
- Were you able to reject the null hypothesis? In other words, did you prove there was a difference?
- Talk about what these results mean in everyday language and in context to your chosen scenario.
- Make a recommendation based on the findings.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Example of Output You Would Use to Answer These Questions
|t Test: Two-Sample Assuming Equal Variances|
|Variable 1||Variable 2|
|Hypothesized mean difference||0|
|P(T <= t) one-tail||0.045002328|
|t Critical one-tail||1.761310136|
|P(T <= t) two-tail||0.090004655|
|t Critical two-tail||2.144786688|